4.30.2012

8 Help Me Save Langley - How to say Thank You

I struggle with what to write in this post. I want to say Thank You to everyone involved in Help Me Save Langley but I feel like the words do not do justice to what I am feeling in my heart. Every day I would check the Chip In to see if the total amount raised had moved and every time it did I would smile (okay and cry). Every single donation mattered. Every single time you shared Langley it made a difference. You did this, not me. This would not have been successful without each and every one of you. 

We had 55 donors with more than 500 entries in the giveaway!

You donated $2,391 to Langley's adoption grant account on Reece's Rainbow. There are no words as to how massive this dollar amount is. Joe and I promised to match all donations up to the first $2500 raised and after seeing your generosity these last few months I feel compelled to not only match your donations but to donate the full $2500.  This means that together we have raised $4891 to help save Langley. 10% of this amount is automatically routed to the Voice of Hope which helps fund the operations of Reece's Rainbow. It pays for things like PayPal fee's and getting information on children like Langley so they have a chance at being adopted. That means that we have added $4402 to Langley's grant account bringing his total account to $6585!! (Our matching dollars will be added in a few weeks when our cheque arrives at RR. Also we just received another $100 today so I have updated the totals based on that!)

I want to thank our fantastic sponsors. When I reached out to companies and individuals I did so knowing that most likely I would get turned down but that did not happen. The majority of people I reached out to were happy to be on board with our fundraiser. They offered up some awesome prizes for the giveaway as a way for Joe and I to thank you for your generosity in donating and sharing to help save Langley.

The Winners!

Gord Eyers - RIM - BlackBerry Torch 9800 (Telus)  (MRSP $599) Facebook Twitter
Katie Schneider - LVE Life - Solar Powered Backpack (MRSP $199) Facebook Twitter
Sharon Blair - Rapanui Clothing - Gift Package Facebook Twitter
William Larsson - Ethical Ocean - $25 Gift Card (x2) Facebook Twitter
William Larsson - Darly Bird - $30 Gift Card
Steve Kovacevic - Clean and Green - Package of cleaning essentials Facebook  Twitter
Katie Schneider - Blushing Pixie Jewelery - $40 Gift Card Facebook Twitter
Kathryn Hopkins - Perseus Books - Copy of Skinny Bitch: Home Beauty and Style Twitter
Heather Hickey - William George - Baby Gift Package Facebook
Heather Hickey - Brant Heritage Travel (Marlin Travel) - 400 additional Air Miles upon booking
Kristin Ireland - Samantha's Art Studio - 2 8x10 Prints Facebook Twitter


I used random.org to pick the winners and have screen shots of this if anyone requires it. I will be contacting each winner today to get their information to pass along to our sponsors.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me do this. This isn't the end of the road for Help Me Save Langley. I promised I would help find him a family and help that family get fully funded and I plan to keep my word on that. Please continue to share Langley's sweet face via any means you can. His forever family is out there somewhere.

CHECK OUT THE NEXT PHASE OF HELP ME SAVE LANGLEY HERE!

8 comments:

  1. Heather Hickey4/30/2012 12:52 PM

    Thank you for your passion, your creativity, and your heart. Joe and Ben are so, so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Jen, you consistently inspire me! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your support ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing. I cannot wait to try to help with my own little fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thank you I'm William larsson's wife :) our guests were so happy when we told them about Langley and my parents especially my dad just wanted to bring him home but unfortunately can not do that at the moment. We hope that at least Langley can be helped by all the donations. He's beautiful and so are you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing with all your guests Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a successful fundraiser! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help out. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete